The Morrin Centre is excited to announce that the library is now lending books again!
Due to COVID-19, we are reopening slowly in accordance with Gouvernement du Québec health guidelines, and will begin offering limited library services. We are now accepting library book orders, and confirmed book pick-ups will start on Friday, June 19 at noon.
Here are the current lending rules:
- Please note that the library remains closed to members at this time. Members are invited to consult the online catalogue to select books or consult with the Library Manager if they would like Readers’ Advisory services.
- Orders will be placed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be offering contactless pick-ups and returns. If you are unable to place an order online, please contact us at 418-694-9147.
- Library book pick-up will be available from Wednesday to Sunday, noon – 4 p.m.
- Members can order 5 books at a time in order to facilitate this new process. Members will still be able to have the usual total number of books checked out in their accounts at a time (15 or 20, depending on your membership type).
- The borrowing period will be extended from 3 weeks to 4 weeks.
- Due to the situation, there will be a delay between when a book order is placed and when it is ready for pick-up. Please wait to receive email confirmation that your book order is ready before coming to the Morrin Centre. Thank you for your patience.
In order to ensure the safety of all members, staff, and volunteers, we will be placing all returned books in quarantine for 7 days before they are returned to the shelf. Therefore, there will be a delay for books to be listed as “returned” on all library accounts due to the quarantine period.
Please consult the procedures below to order, pick-up, and return your library books.
Book Ordering and Pick-Up
After you have selected what books you would like to order, please send your order (with author and book titles) to email@example.com
At this time, only books from the regular collection will be able to circulate; books from the special collection, which are always only accessible via on-site consultation, will remain inaccessible for the moment.
Please note that all book pick-ups will be contactless and will take place in the lobby. The procedure is the following:
- When you arrive at the Morrin Centre, you may need to wait in line for a few minutes if other patrons are also waiting to pick up their books.
- Once you are at the front of the line, please call the following number to alert staff that you are ready to pick up your books: (418-694-9147, ext. 228).
- Your books will have been prepared ahead of time and in a bag. The bag of books will be placed on a table in the lobby. You then may enter to pick up your books off the table. Please note, for your safety the table will be disinfected between every delivery.
Please remember to bring your cell phone so that you can alert staff that you are there to pick up your books.
If you need to return library books, please do so in the book drop located next to the Morrin Centre on rue Sainte-Anne.
Note: Please do not order books through the book reservation system. All book orders need to be made via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot place your order via email, please contact us at 418-694-9147.
The Library and its Collections
Have you visited our magnificent library? It has been located in the Morrin Centre since 1868. Tell us what the library reminds you of—scenes from Louise Penny’s Bury Your Dead? Disney’s Beauty and the Beast? The magical library in the Harry Potter series?
We also have a lovely collection of e-books that you should be sure to check out.
Though the library does accept some book donations, please consult our book donation policy to learn about our members’ needs.
While our library is open to all, only members can borrow books.