Picture This – Photo-Editing – The Essentials
Come discover the bases of computer photo-editing with professional photographer Jacques Gaines
With the help of professional photographer Jacques Gaines, the Morrin Centre offers a series of five photography workshops. Each workshop will present a different aspect of photography, from framing to photo-editing.
In this workshop, Gaines will introduce the basics of computer photo-editing. We will use the free software Photopea.
Participants may either audit the workshop (attend just to watch) or bring the following items to actively participate in the exercises:
- A camera. Whether a $100 camera or a $5000 camera, we do not care. Anything goes! It can even be your phone, though it should then be a fairly recent phone.
- The picture you are most proud of. It can be a digital copy or a print. (You do not have to show it to the class).
- A laptop. You will need it to access the photo-editing software. We will give you the wifi password during the workshop.
- Several digital copies of photos you would like to edit. It’s harder to practice editing if you have nothing to edit!
In addition to that, please:
- Dress for the weather outside. After the workshop, for those willing, the teacher will sometimes do a small photo walk if we have the time.
- Make sure you have eaten before coming. It’s not fun having a student in a bad mood!
Jacques Gaines has been a passionate artist his whole life. He is a photographer (of course), a singer-songwriter (his group, Soul Attorneys, even won a Canadian gold record!), and a videographer. Nowadays, he keeps on creating using even more tools to create. He now offers online courses in photography, produces artistic videos, has a YouTube channel, and still writes music. He continues on his mission to make what he has in his heart and soul the most communicable possible.