Picture This – Photo-Editing – Fun Techniques
Come learn fun techniques in this second computer photo-editing workshop with professional photographer Jacques Gaines
With the help of professional photographer Jacques Gaines, the Morrin Centre offers a series of five photography workshops. Each workshop will present a different aspect of photography, from framing to photo-editing.
In this workshop, Gaines will go more in-depth on the topic of computer photo-editing, presenting fun techniques to try on your photographs. We will use the free software Photopea.
Participants may either audit the workshop (attend just to watch) or bring the following items to actively participate in the exercises:
- A camera. Whether a $100 camera or a $5000 camera, we do not care. Anything goes! It can even be your phone, though it should then be a fairly recent phone.
- The picture you are most proud of. It can be a digital copy or a print. (You do not have to show it to the class).
- A laptop. You will need it to access the photo-editing software. We will give you the wifi password during the workshop.
- Several digital copies of photos you would like to edit. It’s harder to practice editing if you have nothing to edit!
In addition to that, please:
- Dress for the weather outside. After the workshop, for those willing, the teacher will sometimes do a small photo walk if we have the time.
- Make sure you have eaten before coming. It’s not fun having a student in a bad mood!
Jacques Gaines has been a passionate artist his whole life. He is a photographer (of course), a singer-songwriter (his group, Soul Attorneys, even won a Canadian gold record!), and a videographer. Nowadays, he keeps on creating using even more tools to create. He now offers online courses in photography, produces artistic videos, has a YouTube channel, and still writes music. He continues on his mission to make what he has in his heart and soul the most communicable possible.