Please note that the library book pick-up service will be closed for Easter on Sunday, April 4, 2021.
Due to Covid-19, the Morrin Centre is currently offering limited, contact-free library services, in accordance with Gouvernement du Québec health guidelines. For more information, please consult here for instructions on how to borrow and return books.
Here are the current lending rules:
- Please note that the library remains closed to members at this time. Members are invited to consult the online catalogue to select books or consult with the library staff if they would like Readers’ Advisory services.
- Orders are placed via email to email@example.com and we will be offering contactless pick-ups and returns. If you are unable to place an order online, please contact us at 418-694-9147.
- Library book pick-up will be available from Wednesday to Sunday, noon–4 p.m.
- The borrowing period will be extended from 3 weeks to 4 weeks.
- Due to the situation, there will be a delay between when a book order is placed and when it is ready for pick-up. Please wait to receive email confirmation that your book order is ready before coming to the Morrin Centre. Thank you for your patience.
In order to ensure the safety of all members, staff, and volunteers, we will be placing all returned books in quarantine for 7 days before they are returned to the shelf. Therefore, there will be a delay for books to be listed as “returned” on all library accounts due to the quarantine period.
Please consult the procedures below to order, pick-up, and return your library books.
Book Ordering and Pick-Up
After you have selected what books you would like to order, please send your order (with author and book titles) to firstname.lastname@example.org
At this time, only books from the regular collection will be able to circulate; books from the special collection, which are always only accessible via on-site consultation, will remain inaccessible for the moment.
Please note that all book pick-ups will be contactless. The procedure is the following:
- When you arrive at the Morrin Centre, you may need to wait in line for a few minutes if other patrons are also waiting to pick up their books.
- Once you are at the front of the line, please call the following number to alert staff that you are ready to pick up your books: (418-694-9147, ext. 228).
- Your books will have been prepared ahead of time and in a bag.
Following government regulations, you will be required to wear a mask to enter the Morrin Centre. (According to government guidelines, a visor cannot be a substitute for a mask).
Please also remember to bring your cell phone so that you can alert staff that you are there to pick up your books.
If you need to return library books, please do so in the book drop located next to the Morrin Centre on rue Sainte-Anne.
Note: Please do not order books through the book reservation system. All book orders need to be made via email: email@example.com. If you cannot place your order via email, please contact us at 418-694-9147.
Back to the Library Services homepage.