IMAGINATION 2013 WRITING CONTEST
The topic is open. Any type of entry that meets the submission criteria below is eligible.
1. Contestants must be students signed up at a CEGEP in the Quebec City region.
2. The contest is open to prose works in English.
3. Entries must be creative non-fiction.
4. Entries must be previously unpublished and not under consideration by any other publication.
5. Maximum length: 1,000 words.
6. IMPORTANT: No poetry, plays, reviews, and scholarly essays. No footnotes and endnotes. No pseudonyms.
7. Entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will bring in two Canadian authors from across the country to judge the submissions received from the students.
$1000 worth of prizes will be split amongst three winners.
First prize: 500$
Second prize: 350$
Third prize: 150$
Writing Contest Deadline
Friday, March 15, 2013
Rules & Regulations
1. Entries are limited to CEGEP Students in the Quebec City area only and must be handed in to the English teacher.
2. Candidates may only submit original works in English.
3. The winner’s accept that their name, image or voice can be used in publication for the purposes of this contest without any additional fees borne by the Morrin Centre.
4. Prizes are non-transferable.
5. Under the circumstance where the Morrin Centre is not able to provide the prize as originally stated, the Morrin Centre reserves the right to replace the prize with one of equivalent value.
6. The collection of the name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth and profession of each participant will be used only for the administrative purposes of this contest. None of this information will be distributed without permission by the contestant.