Support the Morrin Centre
All proceeds from the silent auction will go towards the Morrin Centre’s operations and enable us to continue offering a variety of stimulating and innovative English-language cultural activities for all Quebec City residents and visitors throughout the year.
How the Silent Auction Works
- Bidding on items for the silent auction will take place during the Literary Feast dinner on November 21, 2013.
- Bids open at 5:30 p.m. and close at 9 p.m.
- Cash, cheques, debit or credit card (Mastercard and Visa) will be accepted.
Rules and Regulations
- All items have a bid sheet attached or affixed nearby. People who would like to bid must do so by writing their name, bid number and the amount of the bid on the bid sheet.
- Each new bid must be written on the next blank line on the bid sheet.
- Under no circumstances may a bid sheet be removed.
- Only an authorized person may nullify a bid.
- The silent auction booths will be open for biding from 5:30 p.m. until 9 p.m. The closing bid circled by the auction official constitutes the winning bid.
- In the event of a dispute, an auction official shall act as the final authority and shall determine the winning bidder. His/her decision will be final.
- All sales are final and no exchange or refund will be honoured.
- Items are tax exempt.
- Bid increments must be by the dollar amount stated on the bid sheet or they will be disqualified.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide buyers with tax receipts for the value of their purchase(s).
- Table d’hôte for two people – Restaurant le Pain Béni
- Gift certificate – Grand tour for four people – Tours Voir Québec
- Painting Autumn Reds – Joanne Coleman-Robertson
- Decorative plate Serendipity – Mary Robertson
- Woven scarf or garment – Catherine Lessard
- Gift basket – Café-Boulangerie Paillard
- Ice canoe tour (More information to come) – David F. Blair
- One-night stay with copious breakfast – Fairmont Le Château Frontenac
- One bottle of Glenfiddich and one bottle of Balvenie – Club de Scotch Whisky de Québec
- $150 gift certificate – La Maison Simons
- Day pass for two people at the ski hill – Le Massif de Charlevoix
- Sunday Brunch for two people – Auberge Restaurant le Goéliche
- Gift certificate for a family – Théâtre jeunesse les Gros Becs
- Two tickets for the Catherine Major concert on December 19 – Orchestre symphonique de Québec
- One bottle of Liberty School Chardonnay 2009, Central Coast California and one bottle of Meeker Gold Leaf Cuvée Merlot 2004 – Ms. Mary Linklater and Mr. Peter O’Donohue
- An article of clothing – Atelier Boutique la Maskarade
- One-night stay for two people in a classic room with full breakfast – Hôtel Clarendon
- Two tickets for the play 3 exils – L’Anglicane
- Daily pass for one person until August 31, 2014 – Musée de la civilisation
- Two gift certificates – Calèches Québec
- 60-minute pedicure – Auberge du Littoral
- Four passes for the exhibit Un Goût pour l’art moderne – Musée national des beaux arts du Québec
- Two one-month gift certificates – Swann Québec Centre Ville
- Two tickets for Macbeth – Opéra de Québec
- One-night stay for two people including parking and breakfast – Hôtel Château Laurier
- Dinner in the Morrin Prison for 6 people – Sovita Chander
- Two tickets for the play Mois d’Août, Osage County in March 2014 – Le Théâtre du Trident
- One two-week summer camp registration – Les Ateliers de Conversation Anglaise
- Two tickets for the comedy show by Jérémy Demay on Friday, November 29 – Salle Albert Rousseau
- Two tickets for any regular season Remparts game – Les Remparts de Québec
- Two tickets for the Montreal Jubilation Gospel Choir on December 6, 2013 – Palais Montcalm
- Haircut and blowdry for women – Jacques Despars Coiffeur
- 4 tickets for the musical comedy Cabaret – Grand Théâtre de Québec
- Navy blue and white Kimono made in Quebec – Autrefois Saigon
- 2 tickets for Le Grand Rire des Fêtes – Le Capitole de Québec
- Gift Basket – Boutique Feejos
- One-night stay for two people with breakfast and dinner – Auberge Saint-Antoine
- Acrylic painting – Robert Pelley
- Two gift-certificates for $100 and a recipe book – Restaurant le Saint-Amour
- Tickets – Les Alouettes de Montréal
- Two tickets for Viande à chien from January 14 to February 1- Théâtre Périscope