Dear Members and Friends:
The Morrin Centre receives a large number of book donations yearly. Although we appreciate your generosity, we will no longer be able to accept donations of used books that have not been previously approved by the library manager. Evaluating, sorting, and processing donations of books and other materials take a tremendous amount of time, resources, and space. We find that many donated items are out-of-date, not appropriate, or not in good enough condition to keep.
The Library’s collection is carefully curated to ensure that materials are relevant and of interest to our patrons. It is a better use of our resources to purchase new books and media, including the most up-to-date reference materials and best-sellers for our patrons to use and enjoy. Also, we do not have the room available to store the boxes of used books.
Should you like to donate:
We particularly like to receive:
- Books that have been published in the last five years, and are in excellent condition. Library materials receive a lot of wear and tear, so donations must be in excellent condition to stand up to the high use they will receive.
- Recent bestsellers
- Classics that are in excellent condition
- Local history titles
Please be aware that we do not accept the following items:
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Dated information (old travel guides, medical and science books)
- Materials in poor condition (torn, musty smelling, yellow pages)
- Old magazines
- VHS and cassette tapes
If you have books that you think might interest the library, please fill out the form below.
The library manager will contact you if your books are needed.